The January Jennie Day meal was one of our favorites: Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions, with Sauteed Green Beans and Carrots and Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. We’d like to thank Barbara Smith for her generous sponsorship of the January meal.
Thanks to your support, the Foundation was able to provide significant help to families and students in 2018, including:
- 12 monthly Jennie Day meals, feeding about 300 people
- Jennie Foundation Scholarships for six students studying Music/Performing Arts, Nursing, and Culinary Arts, totaling $3500
- Sponsorship of the guest portion of a stay at the Ronald McDonald Houses in the Greater Hudson Valley and Philadelphia for a total of 220 nights
- 85 sets of infant/preemie clothing
- Fuel assistance for 28 families
- Grocery assistance for 24 families
- Wish list house supplies and snacks for the Greater Hudson Valley Ronald McDonald House
- Amazon Gift Cards for the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
- Special grants to the Valez, King, and Berack families to offset medical and travel expenses
We were also honored to receive a grant from the Walmart Foundation, totaling $2000.
For 2019, we are expanding our Jennie Foundation Scholarship program to eight total scholarships, including six from our local high schools. We would like to note that all eight scholarships are fully funded for 2019, thanks to your generous support.
If you’d like to help in our mission of supporting families of children with serious illness or local students, you can visit our web page at www.jenniefoundation.org for more information on how to donate or sponsor a Jennie Day meal. There are still meal sponsorship opportunities available for 2019, and we hope you will consider signing up to sponsor.
We are thankful and grateful for the wonderful support we received throughout the year, and also for the fundraising help from local businesses like Joe’s Dairy Bar and Buffalo Wild Wings (Wappingers Falls restaurant). We met some truly wonderful people and raised money and Foundation awareness at the same time. We’re looking forward to more fundraisers in 2019 – stay tuned!