The December Jennie Day meal consisted of Chicken Pasta Alfredo with garlic bread, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. There were also two “bonus” desserts for the holiday: homemade Italian Pizzelles (always a favorite with both resident families and the RMcD staff), and individual pound cake “mini-cakes”, in the form of steam train cars. We’d like to thank Ken and JoAnn Lawall for their generous sponsorship of the December meal.
We’d like to thank you for your generous support in 2019, and highlight some of the work you made possible:
– 12 Jennie Day meals, feeding approximately 300 people
– 8 Jennie Foundation Scholarships totaling $4000, awarded for students pursuing careers in the fields of Culinary Arts, Music/Performing Arts, and Nursing. The scholarships were awarded to students of our two local high schools, Roy C. Ketcham, and John Jay, and also to students at the Culinary Institute of America, in Hyde Park, New York
– The resident portion of a total of 190 days stays at the Greater Hudson Valley and Philadelphia Ronald McDonald Houses
– 118 sets of preemie, infant, and toddler clothing for patients at both Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, Valhalla NY, and St Mary’s Hospital for Children, Bayside NY
– $2300 in Gift Cards for fuel, groceries, Amazon, and Panera to support families at MFCH, St Mary’s Children’s Hospital, and both the GVH and Philadelphia Ronald McDonald houses.
– Over $600 in supplies for the GHV Ronald McDonald House
– Funding to purchase 50 2-ride New York MTA MetroCard fare cards for the families of St Mary’s Children’s Hospital, to offset transit expenses for families.
Finally, we have been able to fully fund 8 Jennie Foundation Scholarships for 2020, for a total of $4000
None of this would be possible without the support of our donors and community. If you would like to support the Foundation in 2020, you can sign up to sponsor a Jennie Day Meal at https://a.jenniefoundation.org/meal-sponsorship/, or if you choose you can make a general donation at https://a.jenniefoundation.org/donate/
We thank you for your generous donations that allow us to do good in Jen’s name. We wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year!